Monday, January 26, 2009

The Worst Song In The World, Volume 2

When I was driving a few days ago, I heard a song that I haven’t heard in a while, a song that turns my stomach every time I hear it, a song so vile that I nearly crashed my car. And being the good blogger that I am, I said to myself-this is good content for my blog! See, I’m always thinking of you, my dear readers. So without further ado, the song that almost caused me to crash the poor Jetta:

“Baby I Love Your Way” by Peter Frampton

Gag. Seriously Peter? This is the best you could come up with?

And while I’m insulting songs, I might as well go ahead and insult the song that I know is going to make a lot of people mad. Heck, I may even be disowned by the Army Man’s mom (since I’m pretty sure she really likes this song). But I have to get it off my chest. I don’t think anyone but the Army Man knows this secret.

I hate “Brown Eyed Girl” by Van Morrison.

Sorry. Please don’t be too harsh with all of the insults against my obviously poor taste in music.

PS. If you missed my other valuable opinions on music, you can read about them here.

7 comments:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I'm so with you on the Peter Frampton song, it could be considered a form of torture...
Van Morrison though, well, no accounting for taste, but I do so admire your bravery in sharing your taste in music. I hope you have a great day!

Patty said...

You are brave to insult any song released in the the 70's. Peter Frampton is an obvious target for those who are too young to have nostalgia on their side, but when you bad-mouth Van Morrison, I have questions. I did realize long ago that your generation would not understand the 70's completely, when the Army Man (before he was an Army Man)told me that all music from that decade was considered "oldies".

Claire said...

That's pretty funny about what my dear Army Man said about "oldies"! I bet he is eating his words now since that era has provided both of us with some of our favorite music.

And I really can't explain what my problem with Van Morrison is. I could go on and on about all of the music from the 70's that I love, if that would prove my devotion to such excellent music. But just not Van Morrison!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

I'm a child of the 70's...and I'm with ya', sister! That particular Frampton song is annoying to me too!

Dano the Mano said...

To stir up some more ill will, I would also like to point out that Claire is not a fan of the Beatles. She may claim she likes them, but 99% of the time a Beatles song comes on she makes me change it.

I will just throw out the fact that all 80's music is horrible. It is regrettable that the music produced when I was born stunk so horribly. Luckily I wasn't too in to music during that time instead growing up on some good 90's music.

Claire said...

Who knew the Army Man was capable of telling such lies? Everyone knows I love the Beatles. It's not my fault he only listens to the really weird songs, like "Girl".

And I love basically all 80's music, but we already knew that.

Anonymous said...

Come on sister, what up with the all the hate? Frampton is good and so is Van Morrison. I must say I lost a few points of respect for you. I tried to introduce Cindy to Dire Straits but she wasn't very impressed, it seems she is not an 80s fan.