Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Big Lie

I didn’t get too many people bold enough to make an official guess on the big lie, but no matter!! I think I did a pretty good job of disguising it, so I knew it would be hard to figure out. Before I tell you which one it was though, I have to say it was really tough trying to come up with the nine truths. Contrary to what some very nice people may say, my life really hasn’t been all that interesting. I haven’t had many adventures, and I never really did that many exciting things in my younger days. Other than the “F” in college (true), none of the things on that list were really even that big of a mistake. Of course that is a blessing, but also a bit of a curse. It oddly makes me a bit sad that I don’t have more embarrassing stories or mistakes to share.

I’m not much of a risk-taker, so it’s no surprise to me that my life has been so calm. And this is certainly not to say that I don’t think I have a wonderful life! I love the direction it has taken and I feel so happy with everything about my life (although I could do with less whining from Laura). The point is that I regret not living it up more in my “younger” days. I guess the only thing to do now is to start making up for lost time.

On to the list!

1. Yep, pink paint all over Angela’s carpeting. This was just a few months ago. You wouldn’t believe how exceedingly nice she was about it. I was near tears; she laughed it off and even helped me clean it up. That’s a true friend, and also a really calm person. Bonus points for her that day!

2. Sorry to disappoint everyone, but this one is completely true. It was only one of two times in my life when I’ve been very, very tipsy. We were the only two people at the restaurant since it was so early in the morning. The Army Man egged me on in all matters, including to drink more AND to take the shot glass. He convinced me that the restaurant gave out the plastic ones because they often went missing. Of course me being me, I went to the gift shop later to actually buy a shot glass to relieve my guilt. And I honestly have no idea where they are now.

3. I would love to shave my head. A fresh start. Low maintenance. Cute hats. Too bad I just do NOT have the face for it.

4. Oh yeah, we played in the sewer system. In our defense, they weren’t active yet, so they were completely dry and very, very cool on those hot California days. I wonder whose idea it was to go down there in the first place.

5. TV is a little too important to me. The Marshall and Lily I referred to are from “How I Met Your Mother”, one of my favorite shows. I wish I knew Marshall and Lily.

6. Yes, I was horrible and quit a job after just one day. And no, I didn’t count that job in my list of 12 in my profile.

7. My favorite one on the list since it sounds so dramatic. The Army Man was in Georgia on training and I was still living in California. My doctor agreed to induce my on my due date since it was Columbus Day weekend and the Army Man had 4 days off of school. I drove myself to the hospital and waited in the waiting room for my Mom to arrive so she could sit with me to check in. The Army Man flew in from Georgia and arrived several hours later. It was the most surreal moment of my life just sitting there, and if I could do it all over again I never would have been induced. I’m so glad the Army Man was there, but the amount of physical problems it caused me makes me wonder if it was worth it.

9. As I mentioned above, the “F” is true. Sadly. Sorry Mom and Dad. It was in an accounting class, and that was what made me realize that being a business major just wasn’t for me. I do wonder though how I managed to pass both of my economics classes that semester, but not accounting? I switched to history and totally rocked it. Left with a decent GPA (3.23) and have always wondered how much higher it could have been if I didn’t have all those bad grades from that semester weighing me down.

10. My Dad taught me to drive a stick. I was horrible at it and it took me forever to learn. I distinctly remember him getting out of the car at one point because he couldn’t take it anymore. Obviously I finally caught on and drove a manual for 6 years. I taught the Army Man in 10 minutes. Quick tutorial, he got in the driver’s seat, stalled once, and then off he went. Figures.

So I guess by now it’s obvious that #8 was the lie. I am so bad at thinking up lies that I had to steal an experience from my friend Kim. It was she who saw Matthew Perry. She always sees famous people and I bask in the reflected glory of her stories! And I didn’t mean to imply that she was too scared to talk to him. I just imagined it as it would have been had I seen him. Kim is very nonchalant around celebrities since she is such a pro by now.

Thanks for playing! Now it's your turn!

16 comments:

Wanda said...

I enjoyed learning more about you. I was not a very daring person growing up so my life was also a bit tame. I am not complaining. It spared me a lot of heartache and problems. I thought your taking the shot glass was a lie. Have a great day!

Laura said...

Don't shave your head. Hats aren't THAT cute.

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Hi, Saucy Sista, Thanks for being honest.

Rachael said...

I was right, go me!

Patty said...

That's funny, I never would have guessed that one. I figured when you were living at your Aunts you probably would have seen some famous people in that area.

Claire said...

Wanda, sorry to say the shot glass was true. I think they expect people to take them as souvenirs, or maybe I am just making myself feel better by thinking that!

Laura, you're right. I'd never have the nerve to shave my head. Now that my hair is longer I have a lot more to lose, so to speak. Back when it was shorter it was a lot more tempting!

Martha, thanks for visiting!

Yep Rachael, you got it! I think you were the only one.

Patty, you think I would have seen some famous people while living in Hollywood, but I was never that lucky. It was always Kim doing the spotting!

Three Dog Days said...

Well, I knew some of them were true by default. The sewers were very interesting. We never went down the pipes, just in the main collecting area (I think.) I thought I remember you saying you saw someone famous so I thought that one was true. You should have wrote about how you got caught using your milk lunch money to buy pop at school you bad girl! How DID the parents ever find out about that?! I hope me revealing this wasn't too embarassing for you.

Call Me Cate said...

I've been so busy this week (a fellow Saucy SITSTA - just stopping by now to say congrats) that I missed all the fun.

Star Forbis said...

Thank you so much for visiting my Blog today & Laughing with me.
Come back anytime.

Kim said...

I feel honored that you used my real life experience for your fake one. I will always remember the day I saw him in that tiny pizza place. I think he was my first major sighting! P.S. I think your life is exciting!

Katie Stacey said...

I'm stopping by from SITS. What a fun post, and don't worry, my list would be much less adventerous!

Anonymous said...

Dropping by from sits. Congrats on being SAUCY!

Cara said...

What a fun game! It was fun to learn about you!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Very fun to learn more about you! ;) Congrats on being Saucy! ;)

Rhea said...

Oh, I'm sorry I missed this. I love the truths and one lie game. I was just thinking about doing this on my blog. FUN!!

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

I don't know, moving from California across the country is pretty daring. You might have more interesting things in your life than you think.

p.s. Congrats on being saucy this week, SITStah!