Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Getting To Know Me

I was over at one of my favorite blogs, I Used To Be Witty, a few days ago, and saw that she was playing a fun little game. This is one of those “get to know you” type of games, but with a twist. I’ve compiled a list of random trivia about me. The catch is that one of these items is a total lie. It’s up to you to guess which one. Come back later to find out which one is the lie!

1. I once spilled a can of pink paint all over beige carpeting while painting a bedroom. At my friend’s house.

2. On my honeymoon, I got drunk at 11am at Senor Frogs and stole a shot glass. I defend myself by pointing out it was only a cheapo plastic one and that the Army Man gave me the go ahead to take it. I have no idea where it is now.

3. It is one of my life-long dreams to shave my head.

4. As children, my siblings and I, along with the other neighborhood kids, would go into the neighborhood that was being built behind our house and sneak into the storm drains to play. That’s right; we played in the sewer system.

5. I am obsessed with TV and often refer to certain characters as if they were my friends. To include such pathetic lines as, “Remember when something just like this happened to Marshall and Lily?”

6. When Laura was about a year old I got a job at a local bookstore and quit after one day when I realized that I wouldn’t make enough money to cover the costs of her daycare.

7. I had to drive by myself to the hospital so I could be induced to have Laura.

8. Back when I lived in California and was working near Hollywood, I saw Matthew Perry (Chandler from Friends) at a diner. I was too scared to talk to him and instead just stared lovingly.

9. I got an “F” in one of my college classes because I simply gave up. It lowered my GPA so much that semester that I was put on academic probation. I then went on to finish college with straight “A”s. Just think how high my overall GPA could have been!

10. I know how to drive a manual transmission and have a 100% success rate when teaching other people. That’s probably because my only student thus far was the Army Man, and he learned in about 2 minutes. But still.

Think you know me well enough to figure it out? Give it your best shot!

11 comments:

Lori said...

Hi. . in from SITS. . congrats on being Saucy!!

Lori

Belle said...

I ALWAYS talk about T.V.characters as if they are my friends. Especially George Clooney. What? Is that weird or something?

Gratitude Gal said...

I'm thinking the F in college was a direct result of playing in sewage drains as a child. I, too, had questionable play areas and unfortunately have had my own issues...

Queenie Jeannie said...

Being an Army wife, I'm guessing that #7 is true!!

As for the lie? No clue!!!

Very fun post and you are one interesting person. I feel so lame in comparison!!!

Rachael said...

oh my gosh, this is hard. i know that shaving your head is true, and playing in the sewer behind your house sounds possible...so maybe you didn't see chandler, but saw someone else? i can't believe i don't know this!!! or did you work at the bookstore for two days instead of one? ;)

AmberW said...

Ohhhh this is good!
Since I don't know you I am going to have to just go for it and guess #2... the honeymoon one :)

Lyndsay said...

I'm guessing #2 ... this one was hard.

Thanks for the linking love.

I had to LOL about the shaving your head. I don't *want* to do it, but I always say that I wish everyone was bald because then I wouldn't have to worry about my hair and it wouldn't be wierd :)

Patty said...

I was convinced it was the head shaving but Rachael gave it away. I have to say the Honeymoon one, because 11am is awfully early to be drunk, even on your honeymoon.

Unknown said...

I remember the story about Claire getting drunk at Sr. Frogs so that's true... And, I definitely have to say that I will never let Claire paint a room in my house (especially in pink)...

MDtripmom said...

I'm not sure which of the statements is a lie but #9 reminds me of myself when I was in college. It still bugs me to this day that my GPA could be higher. Oh well! Thanks for sharing a part of your world with us SITStas and enjoy being saucy this week!

Tori C. said...

Hi from SITS! I secretly have always wondered what it would be like to shave my head!!