Friday, January 23, 2009

Claire's Tiny Corner Of Bliss

I really had no idea what I wanted to write about today, but I didn't want to disappoint by not posting something! I was so desperate I actually started roaming around my house looking for ideas or inspiration. Other than moaning about how much I want new flooring downstairs, I really didn't come up with anything. So I went and stood by the back door, next to my favorite piece of furniture. I don't usually have a lot of time to just stand around, but when I do, I like to stand here.I wish all of my furniture looked like this. If you've never been to my house, you might be inclined to think that my entire home looks this nice. Please don't be deceived. I have one piece of white furniture in my entire house. This is it. I have one piece of furniture on which I put my treasured books that belonged to my grandparents. This is it. I have one place that is safe enough to put breakable pitchers. Yep, that's right here. So you see what I'm saying. I have one tiny little corner in my entire home that usually looks immaculate and is the exact style I wish the rest of my house was. And usually the Army Man has put some of his junk right on top of that cute little penny rug I made, so even this little sanctuary isn't safe.

What's that you say? You want to SEE the cute little penny rug I made? I'd be delighted to show you! It's one of my favorite crafts, which is why I put it here, on my favorite piece of furniture.
So that concludes today's tour of the only section of my house I will likely ever post about. I think you all would probably stop reading if I shared pictures of the rest of my home. Not that it's messy (I would never want you to think that!) but because there is NOTHING to show. I've been married over 5 years, yet I have nothing more than minimal furniture, nor do I own anything that could be construed as a decoration. A lack of clutter is great, but I'm starting to think there is such a thing as "too little stuff". Last time my Mom visited I had to bring in a lamp from another room so that she could read her book while sitting on the couch. I don't even have a sufficient number of lamps. What is wrong with me?

4 comments:

Lynda said...

What a lovely spot!

Tammi said...

I love that. I want one!

I'm the same way. We've been married for 5 years and we are just now starting to do what people consider decorating. Haha! When my husband was active duty (national guard now), we knew we were going to move sometime so why bother?

DomesticDivasFancy said...

I love that piece of furniture. And that penny rug...How is that made? I sooo want one.

AmberW said...

That is beautiful!
I love it.
That is how my ex and I were - very little in our home!!! I think it is one of those things where you don't want to buy something until it REALLY clicks!!! Nothing wrong with you at all!