Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanks To My Mommy

Yes, the stories are all true. I admit to everything.

I was over three weeks late.
I was 9 pounds, 13.5 ounces.
I caused severe hemorrhage and blood loss for my mother.
I made my own grandmother miss my birth because I was so late and she had to go back home.
I was kept at the hospital for a week and was baptized there in the hospital.

On December 2, 1979, I was born in Germany to a beautiful 23 year old. She put up with me, molded me, taught me. When I catch myself sounding like her, I smile. I'd like to send a big hug and kiss across these computer lines to my Mommy. Thank you for everything.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Happy Birthday Claire, I know your Mom is very proud of you, and she should be proud of herself for raising you! We love you very much.