Thursday, December 18, 2008

High Fashion

Seeing a preschooler wearing clothes they have selected themselves is a real treat. There is such pride and confidence on the child’s part, and the outfits are fantastic. How any parent could deny this joy for their child (and for themselves!) is beyond me. This past summer, Laura really started to get serious about being the one to select her clothes. Now every morning holds such anticipation for me. What will she come up with today? Will she match or not? What color combinations will she pick? Perhaps clashing prints? Tights or socks? Will there be jewelry involved? No matter what though, she always receives compliments. One of her biggest fans is the director of her preschool who insists on being the one to get Laura out of the car in the morning so she can see that day’s outfit.

A few days ago, my friend Kim suggested that I start documenting the different outfits. A fantastic idea! I found a few older pictures and sprinkled them in with my recent documentary shots. Occasionally, she manages to actually match, but I included those pictures anyway since she’s still so cute, matching or not. So here is my Princess, in all her glory. And to shake things up a bit, I want to see how well you know Laura. I put in one picture of her in an outfit I selected. Can you guess which one it is?

9 comments:

Patty said...

I am torn between the jeans outfit and the green dress with boots! This is the reason I never had a girl, I know she would have had a mind of her own as far a clothes go, and that would have driven me crazy. I do like the use of the tulle skirt in many of her outfits, I am glad it is getting some wear.

Claire said...

You're right, it's the one with the jeans. She HATES jeans. I have to force her to wear them. Which is usually such a production that I never bother. Hence all the dresses and skirts.

Tessa said...

my 2 year old is just like that, if you don'tlet her wear what she wants to she will throw a huge fit, so i finally just gave up! have a great day

Sara said...

I'm a big fan of wearing what makes you happy and feel good for the day.

Sarah said...

I'm guessing you chose the jeans.

LOVE the tutu skirt(s)...

Anonymous said...

Visiting from SITS. Your daughter is a doll and I love the green dress and black boots! It is so great to be able to express your creativity in this form at any age!

Emma said...

The green coat and black boots is adorable!

Robyn said...

She has great clothes! My daughter was caught in such things as bathing suits and boots. She ws never a skirt/dress kind of girl. She was (still is) a boots and jeans girl. Much to my dismay. I wanted a ballerina... Your princess is absolutely adorable!

Anonymous said...

I'm here from SITS and I have to say that your daughter is a CUTIE! no matter what she is wearing.

I have 4 boys, so no one at my house likes to dress up, and I can't even use the word "outfit". I am a little jealous. :)