Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Power Of The Power Nap

I guess I've been staying up way too late while the Army Man is gone, because I was exhausted this morning. So exhausted that it was very tempting to keep Laura home from school just so I could just stay in bed all day. But once I remembered that Laura was a child, I realized that keeping her home from school would probably only exhaust me more.

So she went to school and I foolishly decided to run 2.5 miles while she was gone. Then we did some errands after school. Then we played. And all of the sudden I simply couldn't function anymore. Luckily Laura got caught up in a project, so I laid down on the couch to rest, which is something I haven't done in a very long time. I'm not much of a napper, but I think I fell asleep in about 3 minutes. All told I slept for 7 minutes, which when I woke up, felt like 7 hours.

I felt rejuvenated! I was energetic! I was ready to go sew three dresses, make dinner, balance dishes on sticks, and even give Laura bath. Then I looked out the window, saw Moxie digging a hole in the backyard, and all of the rest was undone. It was good while it lasted.

2 comments:

Three Dog Days said...

I'm not sure seven short minutes would do me, even as a power nap.

Maya said...

super woman!