Saturday, November 22, 2008

I'm Here to Pump You Up

So, today started out as a great day. I got woken up by Laura (who was in a great mood for once) and even had my hair combed in bed by my personal hairdresser. Laura and I went out to lunch, and then drove to watch the Army Man do his Army thing (more about that tomorrow). After that though, the day veered from my plans. I had a really rough day on Friday health-wise, and although I felt good this morning, I went downhill quickly in the afternoon. I hemmed and hawed about what I should do until the Army Man told me he had had enough of my whining, and basically, get thee to the Emergency Room. So off I went.

I spent four and a half hours there, but it was totally worth it. I got three breathing treatments, three steroids, and a doctor hitting on me. I left with more steroids, some other random medications, and the ability to breathe. Not too shabby. The Army Man and I even managed to squeeze in a quick date by going out to dinner after I got home. The only downside to all the medication is a very jittery feeling and the desire to go lift some weights.

2 comments:

SD said...

Just a wave to you, the Princess and Army guy!!

from me.. just to see if comments show up here :)

Rachael said...

Oh no! You are not allowed to go to the ER anymore, even if the doctors are cute. ;)