Monday, May 18, 2009

Disney World, Here We Come!

Before I leave you all hanging for over a week with no Claire fix, I wanted to pop in and let you know that the Army Man survived his survival training. He called yesterday afternoon and sounded really good. Apparently he lost 15 pounds in just 3 weeks (sign me up for that program, minus the torture, please!) and ate, among other things, a grasshopper, clover, a snake, and a rabbit heart. But I don’t want to tell his story for him. Maybe I can convince him to write a guest post when he gets home.

Home from where, you ask? Oh, that would be DISNEY WORLD! Or, as I have been calling it, “D-World”. That is my most excellent code name, as I decided to keep it a secret from Laura where we were going. I figured if she ever had a really rough day of missing Daddy, I would whip out that little bit of info, but I never needed to tell her, and I’ve been successful at keeping my lips zipped. I mean seriously-when you’re 4, how awesome will it be to just roll up to Disney World one day? She’s beside herself with excitement as it is: she gets to see Daddy tomorrow, and stay in a “hoe-and-tell” (that would be a hotel for those who don’t speak Lauraese) with a big pool.

She has been harassing me nonstop today, asking what the surprise is, but I’m remaining strong. Although with the weather forecasting rain EVERY SINGLE DAY of our trip, the surprise might be that Mommy and Daddy spent a nice sum of money to sit in a hotel room all day.

7 comments:

Patty said...

You are going to have so much fun, you are really good at keeping a secret! The Army Man sounded really good yesterday, rather pleased with himself. I am glad he is done. Say Hi to Mickey for us!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Have a fun and safe trip. Please, Army Man, a guest post on your experiences would be great!!

Michelle said...

I'm very glad that The Army Man made it through survival training. The King went through survival training in the Air Force (before we even met), so I know a bit about what he went through.

I'm giddy....totally giddy about your upcoming trip to WDW. We went ourselves after the cruise. It was almost a life changing experience for The Chumby....magical. I can't wait for Laura to experience that magic!!

Rachael said...

According to my mom, when David completed Ranger school, he was compeltely emaciated from being out in the wilderness, but when I saw him a month of two later he was back in shape--so I'm sure Army Man will be in tip-top shape soon. :) Enjoy D-land!

Bethany said...

Enjoy! Can't wait to see pics!

she's the one aka Louise said...

She is going to have so much fun. We went in Jan and DD still talks about it. She can't wait to go back.

Kurt said...

Hey sister have fun!