Friday, February 13, 2009

Finally, My TV Watching Matters

I got called last night by Nielsen Media Research to participate in the Nielsen Ratings for a week in March. I have to confess I am thrilled by this! I have to record all of my TV watching in a handy little booklet that they will provide, and that will be used to compile the rankings of different shows. As you may know, I love watching TV and it is quite exciting to know that my watching habits will represent my demographic. I hope I make all the 29 year old white girls out there proud, although I doubt I will since I don’t watch many of the shows that are popular in my age group.

I get $30 for my troubles and the excitement of recording my TV watching during one of the sweeps weeks. The Army Man pointed out that now we are going to see, in black-and-white, just how much TV we watch. I don't think it will be as bad as he predicts, because I watch much less TV than I used to. I suppose at the end of my week I will have to share just how many hours we watched. Just keep your fingers crossed that it's not all cartoons.

3 comments:

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

Lol! We did this a few years back! I think I actually watched more TV that week than normal!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Good luck, have fun! I'm curious what shows you do like?

Anonymous said...

LOL I think you and Cindy will have a lot to talk about when you first meet.