Monday, March 30, 2009

Zombies And Jane Austen, Together At Last

Guess what book I ordered on Saturday? Pride and Prejudice and Zombies! It was my friend Kim who first alerted me that such a book was even being written. It is essentially the Jane Austen classic with some good zombie gore thrown in. I read one of the lines from the book, and thought it was so hysterical that I just had to share.

“Mr. Darcy cut the two zombies with savage yet dignified movements. He then made quick work of beheading the slaughtered staff, upon which Mr. Bingley politely vomited into his hands.”

That is just awesome. They were sold out at the bookstore when I went on Saturday, so it is on order and will hopefully arrive in a week. I will give my review once I read it, but everything I’ve read has been very positive. I can’t wait!

5 comments:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I am a HUGE Austen Fan, and I Thank you so much!!!!Off to Borde.rs I go, thanks again.

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

I am going to Borders today and they better have this book or I will sick some zombies on them!

LOL! I LOVE Jane Austen...this book will rock my socks off!!!

Thank you for sharing it!!!

Anonymous said...

LMAO.. I must read this.
- she's the one

Older and Wiser said...

Claire, I am concerned that motherhood has unhinged you. When the nice men in the white coats show up at your house, go quietly with them. They are there to help you. And leave the zombie book behind.

Claire said...

Not unhinged, just a little loopy! And I have only Laura to blame!